Sunday 23 February 2014

London Fashion Weekend


London Fashion Weekend

Ladies, Hats and Heels! At Somerset House Ladies were dressed up in their best attire queuing to get their entrance tickets and London Fashion Week Bags. Oh Fabulous I thought we have arrived, but the thought of waiting in Heels just for a bag! I thought ‘Is this what Carrie Bradshaw had to do?’  This was not so Fabulous and not what I thought being at the actually Somerset House would be like. This does not look like what I see in the movies. I had in mind Champagne on arrival and be shown to our front row seats, even though we only had bronze tickets. 

Having worked backstage at London Fashion Week off Schedule shows that did not take place in the official location of Somerset House, to be honest I didn’t expect the cobble stone pavement that kept trapping my High-Heels in between the cracks.

Trying to walk as if I was on the Catwalk, as the long que starred at everyone that came to join the long line, I thought next time we need to upgrade to VIP and get the que jumping pass because this is not what I had in mind.

The pop up shops were quiet impressed, designers included the likes of Paper London, Mista and Julien MacDonald. Highlights of my London Weekend Experience was the 360 experience like Red Carpet E-News.

The Sunglass Hut offered a fun experience where you could try on the selection of cool glasses and get your picture taken which is also emailed to you. I absolutely loved the Vodafone Nail Varnish machine, but was only available to those that have a contract with Vodafone, another disappointment. But overall it was a lively day and everyone was in the best spirits.

Love VJL Stylists

No comments:

Post a Comment